National Geographic’s Traveler Photo Contest for 2014 is now in its seventh week but, incredibly enough, it seems to keep gathering momentum (if that is possible at all). I mean, the contest entries seem to keep getting ever more awesome and magical. How is that possible? I have no idea…
But just take a look at the photos that follow — the National Geographic editors’ favorite submissions in the Sense Of Place category for Week 7 and tell me I’m exaggerating. Can you, really? Anyway, enjoy!
1. Larung Gar Buddhist Academy 2 — houses for monks and nuns sprawl all over the valley at the Larung Gar Buddhist Academy. Photo and caption by J├╕rgen Johanson.
2. Crossing — Tsugaru Railway is a local line of Aomori Japan. Tunnel of cherry tree is completed in the spring. Photo and caption by Sho Shibata.
3. The net thrower — a fisherman is doing his daily activities at Situgunung lake. Photo and caption by DODY KUSUMA.
4. Impressive Architecture of India. Photo and caption by Raymond Liu.
5. Time Traveler. Photo and caption by Masahiko Futami.
6. Solitude and Silence — storm clouds illuminated by soft sunset light above the snow covered Karwendel group with beginning Alpenglow, all reflected in this calm alpine lake called Geroldsee (Wagenbr├╝chsee) in Bavaria, Germany. Photo and caption by Dave Derbis.
7. Faith — a dedicated man praying all alone under a heavy snowfall, at the usually crowded Western Wall in Jerusalem. Photo and caption by Noam Chen.
Source: National Geographic.
Share these incredible photos with your friends below and let them marvel at the beauty they have captured.