The horrifying moment a three-year-old girl is knocked over by a cyclist and dragged along the pavement outside her home was caught on camera.
The shocking surveillance footage, captured on Monday afternoon, shows three-year-old Lucie Wilding, as she steps out of her home’s front gate and onto the sidewalk.
There she is hit, knocked over and dragged face-down along the pavement by a cyclist who comes speeding down the sidewalk.
The incident occurred outside the toddler’s home in Blackpool, England. The cyclist fled the scene of the accident, while young Lucie was left with cuts to her face, head, hands and knees.
Lucie’s mother Lauren Howarth, said:
One minute she was behind me and the next she was further along the street, sprawled across the pavement.
I thought she was dead. There was blood coming from everywhere. She was hysterical, screaming at the top of her lungs.
I had to check she still had arms and legs because the speed she was taken was so quick and she’d just been flattened by this bike.
1. Little Lucie was walking out of her home in Blackpool, England, as her mother opened the car.
2. But as the three-year-old emerged on to the pavement, a cyclist sped into view and plowed into her at speed.
The girl’s father Matt is seen running out to pick Lucie up, before disappearing from view.
After the incident was reported, an unidentified man in his twenties has come forward and is due to be questioned by police. It is unclear whether he is the cyclist who hit the girl.
Fortunately, Lucie has not broken any bones, though she was left with head injuries caused by the bicycle’s tire.
The clip shows the girl walking after her mother Lauren and on to the pavement when the cyclist speeds into view.
3. The youngster became caught up in the pedals and was dragged along the pavement outside her home.
4. Her father rushed out to pick her up and she was taken to hospital with cuts to her head, arms and legs.
I was heading towards the car and Lucie was following me.
As soon as Lucie stepped out, he got her. He must have been going some speed because I didn’t see him.
Matt jumped over the wall and got to her and swept her up.
We didn’t know what kind of injuries she had suffered, we just knew we had to get her straight to the hospital so we put her straight in the car.
The parents say that the cyclist never slowed down to check on Lucie after he hit her and the mother says that he swore at her before speeding off.
5. The family say this is the cyclist who was involved in the incident and rode off soon after it happened.
6. The youngster was left with cuts and bruises to her face and her parents fear she may be traumatized.
Share this story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Please retweet it to your Twitter — they would want to read that, too.