A young girl has died after her dad forgot to take her out of his car on a very hot day in the Slovakian city of Nitra.
The unidentified father was supposed to drop his two-year-old daughter Kristina off someplace on his way to work, however he forgot her in the back of his car.
Upon finding Kristina’s lifeless body inside the car, the overwhelmed 57-year-old man shouted at passers-by: “I killed her!”
1. Two-year-old Kristina was accidentally left to her death in the back of her father’s car.
2. Kristina’s parents console each other at the scene of the tragedy.
The two-year-old had remained inside the hot car for most of the morning, before her dad finally remembered that he had forgotten her.
Police and an ambulance were called to the scene of the tragedy on a day when temperatures reached the upper 90s. It is believed that the car’s interior may have been as hot as 140 degrees.
Local news outfits report that the girl’s parents collapsed in shock when they discovered that their daughter had died.
3. Kristina’s father realized he had forgotten his daughter and ran out to try and save her.
4. A happy Kristina laughs with her younger sister and loving mother.
The tragedy in Slovakia comes just days after another two-year-old girl died in Texas when her mother “forgot to count all of her babies”.
Mother-of-seven Khalilah Busby, from Dallas, Texas, left her daughter Niriah in the back seat of the family’s SUV for at least an hour and a half while she took her children for a day at the funfair. She later said:
Somebody told me that everyone was in the house. I took that for granted.
5. The victim’s parents grieve by the side of a house after their daughter’s death.
6. The tragic accident took place in the city of Nitra, Slovakia.
Share this story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Retweet it to your Twitter followers — they would want to read that, too.