An 18-year-old Louisiana girl was left with terrible injuries after she was attacked by a gang of catcalling men for wearing a bikini.
Jessica Byrnes-Laird and her boyfriend, from Haughton, Louisiana, walked into a convenience store on their way back home from the beach on Sunday.
Security footage from the store has captured a group of men then approaching the couple’s car and starting to catcall the teen. (Scroll down for the video.)
1. Jessica Byrnes-Laird from Haughton, Louisiana, suffered ten broken teeth and had too many stitches to count after a man threw a pipe through her car window (photo: GoFundMe).
2. She stopped at a local convenience store on the way back from the beach with her boyfriend (right) on Sunday and was still wearing a bikini when the group of men attacked.
Jessica’s boyfriend heard the comments and confronted the men, starting a fight.
He then got back into the car, however one of the attackers threw a pipe into the passenger-side window, striking the young woman in the face.
Speaking to KTBS, Jessica said that she had at least 10 broken teeth and countless stitches. However, it is the psychological damage that will leave a greater impact.
3. He eventually got back in the car, but one of the men grabbed a pipe and threw it into the passenger-side window, hitting Byrnes-Laird in the face — leaving her with horrific injuries (pictured).
4. A GoFundMe account has been set up to cover her dental bills. It had raised close to 13,000 by Sunday.
Jessica told the station:
There’s a little bit of fear, honestly, because going through this make you realize how delicate life is, and you never know what can happen.
Things happen so suddenly, without warning. All the support that’s been shown towards me, I’m so extremely thankful.
The teen has since set up a GoFundMe fundraising account to help cover her medical bills. It had raised close to 13,000 as of Sunday.
Police are trying to track down the couple’s attackers and are asking the public for information.
5. A security camera captures the fight which left the teen girl with horrific injuries.
6. A Louisiana teen needs funds for costly dental repairs after a violent pipe attack.
Share this story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Retweet it to your Twitter followers — they would want to read that, too.