A would-be carjacker in Atlanta, Georgia, picked the wrong man to mess with… And paid for it.
When Hashim Fannin pulled his Nissan over in the parking lot at a Family Dollar store earlier this month, the SUV’s doors automatically unlocked once the driver put it in park.
And that is when Edgar Horn, 61, jumped into the vehicle, though now he probably wishes he never did it. (Scroll down for the video.)
1. Hashim Fannin (left) held Edgar Horn, 61, (right) at gunpoint after he attempted to carjack him in Atlanta.
Once Horn had hopped into his vehicle, Fannin realized that he was trying to carjack him and he pulled his handgun out, according to WSB.
Horn then tried to tell Fannin that it was all a big mistake and that he had entered his car by accident, however the would-be victim wasn’t buying it.
Fannin ordered his attacker to step out of his car and held him at gunpoint. In a video of the incident Fannin is heard saying:
Do you just get into random people’s cars… You thought I was your friend?
So you woke up stupid this morning?
2. Fannin ordered Horn to get out of his car and held him at gunpoint until police could arrive at the scene.
3. After officers arrived, Fannin was given a hearty handshake (right) in appreciation of his effort.
When police arrived at the scene, Fannin was still standing over the would-be carjacker who was lying face down on the ground in the parking lot.
Fannin is seen in the video placing his gun on the ground when officers arrived at the scene and is given a handshake in appreciation of his effort. He said:
Honestly, I look at it like this. That is one less guy I got to worry about bothering my mom when she’s out grocery shopping.
4. Edgar Horn (right), 61, was charged with attempted robbery and entering an automobile. Fannin (left) said: “That is one less guy I got to worry about bothering my mom when she’s out grocery shopping”.
Horn has been charged with attempted robbery and entering an automobile.
This is not the first time Fannin was involved in this type of an incident.
In 2011, after someone tried to steal an iPhone he was trying to sell, Fannin chased the thief down.
5. An Atlanta man turns the tables on a would-be carjacker — an ABC News report.
Share this story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Please retweet it to your Twitter — they would want to read that, too.