The incredible moment a woman delivered a healthy 10-pound baby in the front seat of a car, as she was being rushed to a hospital near Houston, was captured on camera by her husband.
The clip shows the woman, who has not been named, giving birth as her husband is driving down the highway towards the Bay Area Birth Center in Pasadena, Texas.
The footage was shared on YouTube on Thursday, with the following description:
Baby born going down Beltway 8 in Houston on the way to birth center. No nudity.
The clip opens with the caption:
We’ve been driving for 45 mins. Already.
After letting out a few screams, the woman realizes that her baby’s head is coming out and takes down her pants so she can pull the baby out. Then the man gives her a high five and says “we did it”, to which she responds:
He came out right in the car! Oh my god. You’re beautiful! Oh my goodness! What do I do?
This is the family’s third child. Their first two children are both girls, now aged two and one, and were delivered at the Bay Area Birth Center.
1. The video opens with a man filming his pregnant wife during a long drive to the Bay Area Birth Center in Pasadena, Texas.
2. The woman lets out several screams before realizing that the baby’s head is coming out as she sits in the passenger seat.
3. The woman takes her pants down and delivers the baby on her own as her husband pulls to a stop on the side of the road.
4. In the video posted on Thursday, she announces that it’s a boy and gives her husband a high five after he says “We did it!”
5. The woman pats the baby on his backside several times to make sure he is breathing properly as her husband restarts the car and heads for the birth center.
6. This is the couple’s third child. They have two daughters, aged two and one, who were both delivered at the Bay Area Birth Center.
Share this story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Retweet it to your Twitter followers — they would want to read that, too.