A Las Vegas woman, her ex-husband and his current wife were all in court on Tuesday after being charged in what investigators have called “one of the most horrific sex rings in memory” involving their own children.
Terrie L. Sena, a 43-year-old mother-of-four, was arrested last week and charged with multiple counts of sexual abuse in Clark County. She has been a licensed kindergarten through 12th grade substitute teacher since May 2013, The Las Vegas Review Journal reports.
Together with her ex-husband Christopher Sena and his new wife Deborah Sena, the three are accused of engaging in sex acts with at least eight children and filming them as part of a child porn operation.
The eight minors identified in the case being abused were immediate and extended family members, investigators said. Some of the victims are now adults, they added. Police believe that there are more victims and say that the sex crimes have been going on for at least 12 years.
All three accused live together in the same trailer home, even after Terrie and Christopher Sena split up in 1997. They had three sons and a daughter together.
1. Christopher Sena, 47 (left) and his current wife Deborah Sena, 50 (right), are facing a total of 50 sexual abuse charges involving eight child victims over 12 years.
2. Mother-of-four Terrie Sena, 43, a Clark County School District substitute teacher, is accused of participating in the sex ring. She is seen at left in her mugshot and at right in court this week.
3. Officers searched the Vegas trailer home of Christopher Sena, where they allege the abuse occurred.
4. Christopher Sena, 47,was arrested September 19 after investigators identified him as the alleged ring leader, while his current wife Deborah Sena (right) and ex Terrie Sena were arrested Thursday.
Police learned about the alleged sex ring in September after Deborah (the new wife), another adult and a child told a family attorney about the abuse. Deborah reportedly left her husband in August, moving out of the home where the abuse took place.
After a Metro SWAT team served a search warrant on their trailer home on September 18, police discovered at least 30 pieces of electronic and recording equipment.
The ensuing investigation lead to the arrest of Christopher Sena, who is now facing 23 charges, including incest, bestiality and felony child abuse. Many of these charges carry a sentence up to life in prison.
One of the recordings reportedly shows two Sena children having sex with the family dog, according to The Daily Beast.
A review of the other recordings has implicated Terrie and Deborah Sena. The two were arrested on December 11 and between them face 27 charges, including child abuse and neglect, sexual assault of a minor and incest.
More charges related to child pornography are expected to be laid against the three. All three accused have been held without bail, after the judge described their charges as “extremely shocking and disturbing… putting it mildly”.
5. Neighbors say the home was a meeting point for a lot of children in the area.
6. Deborah Sena told police that there was ‘fear and intimidation’ involved when it came to dealing with her husband Christopher (pictured together in an old photo), whom she split from in August.
7. Deborah Sena was charged with four counts of open and gross lewdness, two counts of sex assault against a child less than 14 and two counts of incest, among other charges.
8. Christopher Sena was charged with five counts of child abuse or neglect, four counts of incest and three counts each of sex assault against a child less than 14, sex assault and lewdness with a child less than 14.
9. Christopher Sena has been described as a ‘monster’, sexually assaulting at least eight children.
10. All three Sena family members lived here, in the 6000 block of Yellow Stone Drive.
Share this disturbing story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Please retweet it to your Twitter followers — they would want to read that, too.