WARNING: Graphic content. A nanny in the East African country of Uganda has been arrested after being caught on video beating and stomping on a 2-year-old girl after the child was sick while eating her dinner.
Erick Kamanzi discovered bruises on his daughter Aneela, but instead of confronting the nanny, he viewed the video from the security cameras installed in his home. While going through the footage, he saw as Tumuhiirwe dragged his little girl on to the floor before attacking her.
Kamanzi then reportedly beat Tumuhiirwe “to a pulp” and, after she reported the assault to the police, Kamanzi was arrested and admitted he had attacked her. But after showing the police the security footage of the assault on Aneela, the charges against him were dropped.
Tumuhiirwe, who had been working at the family for three months, was then charged under the country’s Anti-torture Act and has appeared in the Nakawa Court.
The nanny is reported to be confined to a wheelchair and is being fed through tubes, Sowentan Live reported. Police are considering upgrading the charge against her to attempted murder, according to the Afro Cosmopolitan. The girl is alive and recovering from her injuries. (Scroll down for the video.)
1. The assault happened after the 2-year-old, seen being shoved off the couch in her family home in Uganda, was sick while being fed a meal by her nanny, Jolly Tumuhiirwe.
2. Tumuhiirwe, 22, is seen standing on Aneela’s back, applying all of her weight.
3. Armed with a wooden object the woman is seen repeatedly striking Aneela who lies face down on the floor.
4. Taking a run up, Tumuhiirwe kicks the girl directly in the ribs, sending her sliding across the floor.
5. Aneela can be seen a good few feet from where she lay before her nanny kicked her in the side.
6. Erick Kamanzi, left, was arrested for assaulting the nanny after discovering security footage of her attacking his daughter Aneela, right, but police later dropped the charges against him after he showed them the tape.
And here is the video:
Share this story with your friends and give us your thoughts in the comments below.