A new social experiment shows just how terrifyingly easy it is for a complete stranger to drug a woman’s drink, even if she is only looking away for an instant.
Joseph Saladino, a popular YouTube personality who goes by the user name Joey Salads, conducted the experiment in an effort to raise awareness about the dangers of date rape.
To do so, he shot a video demonstrating just how easy it is for a stranger to slip a date rape drug, known as a “roofie”, into a woman’s drink without her knowledge. (Scroll down for the video.)
1. Joseph Saladino, who goes on YouTube by Joey Salads, has conducted a shocking social experiment in which he uncovers how easy it is for a stranger to drug a woman’s drink (pictured).
Date rape is a big problem, I know plenty of people who have been drugged, and luckily they were not victim to date rape. So please spread this message to protect young women.
The clip begins with Joey striking a conversation with a woman and her male friend at the bar.
At one point, the woman, who is sitting between the two men, gets up to leave to the bathroom.
2. Joey first meets a man and a woman at a bar and when she gets up to presumably go to the restroom, he gets ready to make his move.
3. Even though the woman’s friend (right) is supposed to be watching her drink, Joey is easily able to drop a powdered substance into her glass without anyone noticing.
Though her friend is supposed to be watching her drink, he is talking to the guy next to him and Joey seizes the opportunity.
Joey drops the powder into the woman’s drink and mixes it in with his finger. The whole process takes just seconds to complete.
The woman then returns and is about to take a sip of her drink when Joey intervenes to tell her:
Don’t drink that.
Joey then explains what he did and observes:
Because your friend wasn’t watching, I was able to slip a drug into your drink.
Joey then explains that he is conducting a social experiment to raise awareness about the problem.
4. When she comes back, Joey warns her that because her friend wasn’t watching, he was able to “drug” her drink.
Joey repeats the experiment several times, each time with the same result.
At the end of the clip, Joey repeats his warning to the viewers, saying:
Always hold on to your drink. Put a lid on it or just never let your drink out of your sight.
The video quickly went viral after it was published on June 1 and has so far been viewed more than five million times.
5. Roofied drink — a social experiment.
Share this story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Please retweet it to your Twitter followers — they would want to read that, too.