This is just one of those stories you can’t understand, never mind explain. A newborn baby girl was found tucked inside a sewer pipe at a Chinese university in the city of Linyi, Shandong Province, after her student mother gave birth in the toilet and then abandoned the child.
Police think that the woman had hoped to hide her pregnancy by leaving her newborn daughter to fall down the toilet at her student dormitory. However, fate had other plans and the child was saved because the pipe underneath the toilet was too narrow — just seven inches wide — and the baby got stuck in it, alerting other students to her presence with her cries. Firemen promptly arrived the scene and were astonished to find the child stuck inside the pipe and obviously alive, as she kept crying. Local fire department spokesman Tao Fang said:
It was impossible to get the baby out from above. She had fallen into the toilet and gone down the pipes were she had got stuck between the third and fourth floors. We used an angle grinder to break open the pipeline on the third floor and we could then push the child up to colleagues on the fourth floor where she was handed to medics who were waiting to take her to hospital.
The police had no trouble tracking down the baby’s mother — a student who lives in the dormitory — and she needed urgent hospital treatment, too. The officers said they hadn’t yet decided what she might be charged with.
Needless to say, the incident quickly spread all over the Chinese social media and people are naturally disturbed by it. And so am I, but at least the baby is alive and well. I have nothing else to add… (Scroll down for the video.)
1. The newborn baby girl was discovered wedged inside a sewer pipe at a Chinese university by firefighters. Her student mother gave birth and then fled, leaving the child behind.
2. The newborn baby fell into the toilet into the piping below. She got stuck between the third and fourth floors of the student dormitory building in the city of Linyi, Shandong Province.
3. Firemen who rushed to the scene were amazed to find the child wedged inside the pipe and, as she was still crying, knew there was still time to save her life.
4. The child’s life was saved only because the pipe beneath the toilet is just seven inches wide, which meant she became stuck — alerting other students to her presence by crying.
5. Police investigating the case say they are still waiting to question to question the mother before deciding what she might be charged with.
And here is the video:
Share this disturbing story with your friends below and see what they make of it.