A Pit Bull who went missing more than a year ago has been rescued during a cockfighting raid in South Carolina and is now reunited with her owners.
April Morris of Bennettsville, South Carolina, had lost hope in ever again seeing her beloved dog, Nina Louise, after she disappeared in December of 2013. Neither months of searching nor a $500 cash reward helped find the canine.
However, this past Saturday, April couldn’t believe her eyes when she saw her malnourished dog’s heartbreaking rescue on the local news.
April was even more surprised to learn that Nina Louise had just given birth to ten pups.
April called the local Humane Society to claim the dog and was able to identify her by listing two white spots in the fur behind the dog’s head.
The ensuing emotional reunion was captured on video, with Nina Louise happily greeting April and her husband.
The emaciated dog seemed to be in bad shape, with her ribs protruding and scars covering her body, but her family is just happy that she is alive.
1. A dog who went missing more than a year ago has been reunited with her owners after being rescued during a cockfighting bust in South Carolina.
2. April Morris of Bennettsville, SC, thought she’d never see her beloved Pit Bull, Nina Louise, (pictured) again after she went astray in December 2013 — months of searching and a $500 cash reward proved fruitless.
April told CarolinaLive.com:
It seems so surreal to us. It’s such a miracle to have her back.
Nina Louise is now back at home with her family and is being nursed back to health.
The Pit Bull’s puppies, who have all found adoptive homes, will remain with their mother until they have stopped nursing.
3. But this past Saturday she couldn’t believe her eyes when she saw footage of the dog’s rescue on the nightly news — she was even more surprised when the bulletin revealed the canine had just given birth to ten pups.
4. Nina Louise is now back at home with her family where she is being nursed to health.
It’s believed that Nina Louise had been used as a bait dog at the cockfighting venue before having her puppies.
Along with the dog, 122 birds have also been recovered from the compound.
Twenty-seven people have reportedly been arrested on various charges during the raid and are all now awaiting court hearings.
5. Her puppies, who have all found adoptive homes, will remain with their mother until they have stopped nursing.
6. A stolen dog seized during a cockfighting raid is reunited with her owner — a WPDE report.
Share this story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Please retweet it to your Twitter followers — they would want to read that, too.