An unfortunate man was gored between the legs by a rampaging bull, after being knocked to the ground during a bull running fiesta in Spain.
The unidentified man was running ahead of the bull, trying to get behind a set of iron bars, but the angry animal caught up with him and pushed the runner to the ground.
Despite the man’s desperate efforts to climb back up and get away, the bull managed to gore him straight in the bottom with one of his horns. (Scroll down for the video.)
1. This unlucky man was gored during a bull running event in Teulada, a small coastal town on Spain’s Costa Blanca, after falling over in front of the beast.
2. The man, who has not been identified, was seen running away from the angry animal before it caught him with one horn, sending him sprawling to the ground.
3. Pictures show him crawling desperately towards the safety of the bull bars, but he was unable to make it before the horn hit him square between the legs.
The incident took place during the annual celebrations in the streets of Teulada, a small town on Spain’s Costa Blanca.
The fiesta started on April 8 and lasted until April 19. It featured flotillas and parades to celebrate Teulada’s patron saint, Sant Vicent Ferrer.
As part of the celebrations, specially bred aggressive bulls were let loose in the streets, with local residents and visitors joining in to run along with them.
The goal is to tease the bulls before escaping to safety behind one of the wooden pallets or iron bull bars.
4. Witnesses said that the man was seen limping towards medical crews after the attack, but was unsupported and seemed not to have been seriously hurt.
5. The bull running takes place during the town’s annual fiesta, which includes float parades in honor of Sant Vicent Ferrer, the village’s patron saint.
Specialist websites writing about bull running recommend leaving it to the experienced locals, noting that the bulls are quite faster than people think, adding that it is primarily foreigners that get injured.
It is unknown where this particular victim came from, but he was seen limping away to be checked up by medical crews after the attack.
He is not believed to have suffered serious injures.
6. The moment an injured bull gores a runner (related).
Share this story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Please retweet it to your Twitter followers — they would want to read that, too.