It is summer in Rajasthan, India, and temperatures soar to over 110F. This is no weather to be out and about, for humans as well as felines — big or small. Well, one tiger mom had found a perfect spot to while the hottest time of the day, and protect her three-month-old cubs.
The Bengal tiger, named Noor, kept her cubs sheltered in a cave at Ranthambore National Park. However, when the heat became unbearable, she had a back-up plan and took them down to a shallow pond to cool off. Fortunately for us, wildlife photographer Andy Rouse was on hand to capture the moment. Mr. Rouse said that he and his friends were the first people to see the cubs. He added:
We were driving around and saw her in the road. Then we saw she had her cubs with her — one was running around, so she picked it up in her mouth and walked the cubs down to the water to cool off. I’ve encountered a lot of wildlife, but this is one of my highlights. It’s an extremely rare thing to see.
Here are the amazing images.
1. Tigress Noor treats he cubs to a leisurely grooming session in a shallow pool to escape the blistering 44C heat of the Indian summer.
2. Thanks, mom, that was really cool! Raring to go again after a soothing dip, a cub rewards Noor with an affectionate nuzzle.
3. The cubs look ready for a snooze, but Noor stays watchful to ward off any marauding crocodiles.
4. Noor the Bengal tiger gives one of her cubs a dunking.
5. Noor takes a moment to herself as the cubs relax in the pool.
6. One of the cubs clambers over its mother as she lies down in the shallow water, cooling off in the Indian national park.
7. Mother Noor keeps a watchful eye out for predators as her three-month-old cubs scamper down the rocky slope behind her.
8. One of the cubs sneaks up on its sibling as the pair enjoy a splash in a shallow pond at Ranthambore National Park.
9. Noor is a little preoccupied as her two cubs play in the pond behind her. She kept them sheltered in a cave before their dip in the pool.
10. One of the cubs takes one last dunk in the water. Mr. Rouse, who took the pictures, said it was an ‘extremely rare thing to see’.
Source: The Daily Mail.
Share these awesome images of tiger cubs and their mom with your friends below — they will love them.