A woman has just found her second perfect lookalike, just three months after finding a “twin stranger” who lives just an hour away from her.
While Niamh Geaney’s first doppelganger, Karen Branigan, was more similar to Niamh in looks than in personality, her second “twin stranger”, Luisa Guizzardi, from Genoa, Italy, looks and acts just like her, she said.
In a new video, Niamh, who lives in Dublin, travels to Genoa to meet Luisa, who is about the same age. Niamh contacted her Italian lookalike via her website, twinstrangers.com. (Scroll down for the video.)
1. Niamh Geaney, 26 (left) found her first doppelganger through social media after setting herself the challenge of finding her “twin stranger”. She has now found the second one in the form of Luisa Guizzardi (right) who lives in Genoa, Italy.
2. In a new video that she’s released, Niamh, left, journeys to Italy, to meet Luisa (right), who contacted her via her website, twinstrangers.com.
On meeting Niamh, one of Luisa’s friends, Andrea, said that she and Luisa had the same “aura”, which left her in tears. Luisa’s mother added:
From a distance, I thought you were Luisa,’ before wiping away tears.
Musing over their similarities, Niamh said:
Our movements, gestures and the way we scruffle our nose is similar, we play with our hair in the same way.
Luisa, who works in a hotel, added:
Not only do we look the same, but we have the same soul. Like soul mates.
3. “Not only do we look the same, but we have the same soul”, says Italian Luisa (right) who says the duo are “just like soul mates”.
4. Niamh meets her second Twin Stranger… In Italy!
I really do think I have another friend for life and god help me if I find my seven because they’re never going to get rid of me.
Amazingly, Niamh found that her first match, 29-year-old fellow Irish Karen Branigan, lived just an hour down the road, which made it easy for the two to meet in real life and take some twin-like pictures together.
5. Niamh Geaney, a 26-year-old student from Dublin (left), found her “twin stranger” in Karen Branigan (right), through a social media campaign she launched with friends.
6. “For the entire duration of our encounter I pretty much stared at her. I couldn’t get over her face”, said Niamh (left) of Karen.
Describing her first meeting with Karen, Niamh told The Daily Mail:
I was ridiculously nervous about how I would react to meeting someone who looks like me.
For the entire duration of our encounter I pretty much stared at her. I couldn’t get over her face, and some of the expressions she would pull I would think to myself or say aloud, “Oh my God that’s my face.”
I can’t remember the number of times I said “this is so freaky”. It was truly amazing.
7. “I was ridiculously nervous about how I would react to meeting someone who looks like me”, Niamh (right) said about Karen (left).
8. Niamh added, “I can’t remember the number of times I said ‘this is so freaky’. It was truly amazing.”
Karen has five sisters and a brother while Niamh has two sisters. Both women agree that none of their siblings look anywhere near as similar to them as they do to each another.
Niamh added that the pair got on “very well”, as they put on make-up before the shoot, exchanging beauty tips and marveling at their similarities. Niamh said:
I would say Karen is the shyer of the two of us. But then you have to remember this was an even more surreal experience for her than it was for me.
I knew what search I was embarking on. I’m the weirdo that contacted Karen out of the blue and asked her to meet me in person.
Since meeting each other, Niamh and Karen — both single — say they’ve been chatting on Facebook “constantly”.
9. Karen (right) turned out to be a fellow Ireland native who lived just an hour down the road from Niamh (left), making it easy for the pair to meet in real life and take some eerily twin-like photos together.
10. She added: “Some of the expressions she would pull I would think to myself or say aloud, ‘Oh my God that’s my face'”.
While Niamh seems to have beaten her fellow Twin Strangers participants, 21-year-old Harry and 22-year-old Terence, hands down. Harry says:
I think I have a two, maybe three at a push who resemble me. But they’re definitely not as close a match as Karen to Niamh.
I’m trailing further behind. Must be a guy thing. They tend to be a bit too shy to participate. Not sure if being originally from sub-Saharan Africa has anything to do with it!
11. Niamh (right) said she and Karen (left) got on “very well”, as they both applied make-up before the shoot, swapping beauty tips and marveling at their similarities (pictured).
12. Since meeting, Niamh (right) and Karen (left) — who are both single — say they’ve been chatting on Facebook “constantly”.
Niamh, who is still promoting the Twin Strangers project, as interest spreads, says that there will be no prize for the winner, just “pride”.
The three are inviting others from around the world to join in by adding users’ pictures to their Facebook album. Niamh says:
There is a huge human curiosity element to it. Can you imagine how surreal it would be to meet someone who looked exactly like you?
13. Niamh — Meeting my doppelganger.
Share this story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Please retweet it to your Twitter followers — they would want to read that, too.