Adrian Murray found inspiration in his son Emerson’s brush with death. Once the terrifying episode was over, he picked up a camera and started capturing his son’s innocent life in idyllic photographs, as part of a project Adrian called Moments.
One morning, when Emerson was only 10-months-old, his parents Adrian and Michelle, from Louisville Kentucky, found him unresponsive in his bed. The doctors discovered that the child was suffering from a seizure disorder.
Just over a year later, Emerson is now fine and off his medications for the disorder. The illness, however, inspired Adrian to capture every precious moment he enjoyed with his son.
Though it may seem otherwise, none of the portraits, which show Emerson playing in various idyllic settings, is staged or otherwise arranged by Adrian — he simply captured his son at play.
Truly magical images, enjoy!
1. Little Emerson shows the true unadulterated joy that can only be experienced in childhood.
2. Unbelievably none of the shots are staged or composed by Adrian.
3. Emerson was diagnosed with a rare seizure disorder at just 10-months-old, but is now off his medications.
4. Adrian (pictured holding Emerson) only discovered his passion for photography after his son’s health scare.
5. Adrian had never done any photography of note before he began photographing his son.
6. The images capture an innocent, nostalgic time of simple childhood pleasures.
7. The magical pictures are created entirely by Adrian alone using only Lightroom software to enhance them.
8. Adrian intends to continue his mission to capture the beautiful moments of his children’s childhood.
9. The simplicity of the pictures and their minimal composition is what lends them much of their charm.
10. Adrian intends to continue his mission to capture the beautiful moments of his children’s childhood.
Source: Moments by Adrian Murray.
H / T Bored Panda.
Share this father’s idyllic portraits of his son with your friends below — they will thank you for it.