So, if Airbus is to be believed, in the future its airplanes will look nothing like the cramped cylinders of today, which sometimes seem as though they’ve been designed with the explicit goal of torturing us.
Well, in 2050, we are assured, Airbus’ planes will feature panoramic windows, zones for playing games or just relaxing and massage seats that collect our body heat to power in-cabin features. Additionally, sound showers will help lull us into the perfect sleep, while special shades keep out the light from our neighbors.
In the video that follows, Airbus presents a utopic vision of a future in which technology and virtual reality are seamlessly integrated with our everyday lives, services are tailored to our specifications and environmental concerns are addressed in everything we do, in the air or on the ground.
And all you have to do to take advantage of that bright future is to live until 2050. Surely that isn’t too much to ask, is it? (Scroll down for the video.)
1. The 360-degree views from the plane means passengers will be able to spot top sights when flying over land.
2. The games area will allow passengers to play virtual golf and tennis to while away their time on board.
3. The seats on the 2050 plane will harvest body heat to power different elements of the cabin.
4. The transparent plane will give perfect views of surroundings, but with an option to make certain areas more ‘opaque’ to enable privacy and less light to filter in.
5. Planes in the future will have more recreational areas like bars so passengers can socialize.
6. Pop-up meeting rooms will also mean employees can continue working and even having meetings with people on the ground during the flight.
And here is the video presentation:
Source Airbus / YouTube.
Share Airbus’ vision of the future of air travel with your friends below and let’s hope it really does turn into reality.