Golden retriever Ricochet has an uncommon love for surfing and is using her skills to help war veterans, children and disabled people. Originally, Ricochet’s owner Judy Fridono tried to train her as a guide dog, but that didn’t work out too well, because she kept chasing birds.
It was then that Ricochet’s hidden talent was discovered and her owner realized it could be used to help disabled people cope with life. Ms. Fridono, executive director for puppyprodigies.org in San Diego, explained:
Most people say they can’t think of words to describe how they feel when surfing with Ricochet.
She’s able to communicate in a language left unspoken and allows people to feel at ease while healing — through surfing — is taking place.
And as you will see in the images and videos that follow, that has worked great for everyone. Unsurprisingly, together they have raised a lot of money and have more than 200,000 likes on Facebook. (Scroll down for the videos.)
1. Surfing with golden retriever Ricochet is a form of therapy for war veterans, children and the disabled.
2. Owner Judy Fridono and surfer Ricochet have together raised tens of thousands of pounds for good causes.
3. Ricochet was unable to be a guide dog as she kept chasing birds, so her owner devised another way to help.
4. When Ricochet was taken to the beach her owner discovered she could do more than just doggy paddle.
5. Golden retriever Ricochet loves hitting the waves with a companion on board.
6. Her surfing ability acts as a form of therapy for children, those with disabilities and military veterans.
7. Ricochet has also become an internet hit, with dozens of videos featuring her riding waves uploaded online
And here are the videos:
Source: The Daily Mail.
Share Ricochet’s amazing work with your friends below and let them marvel at it.