I never knew that there were black tigers in the world, never mind incredibly cute ones like this cub. But, boy, am I glad that they exist. This little monster is 25 days old and lives in the city of Hangzhou, in Zhejiang province of east China.
The unnamed cub evidently knew that he was the star of a photoshoot and did his utmost to represent his species the best way possible. Quite apart from striking terrifying poses with his arms outstretched, claws bared and mouth gaping open, he was also photographed strutting around the room in a dignified manner.
At one point the adorable cub is even seen huddled up next to a bewildered dog, as the canine acts milk-nurse for the cub.
A black tiger, it turns out, is not a unique subspecies, which helps explain why I have never heard of it. Instead, the unusual appearance is the result of pseudo-melanism — a condition in which the animal has dark spots or enlarged stripes, which cover a large part of the body of the animal, making it appear melanistic (dark). The thick stripes are so close together that you can barely tell them apart, giving the appearance of one dark fur tone.
The sad part is that it is believed that black tigers are becoming more common as a result of in-breeding, which can cause all kinds of health issues.
1. The rare tiny black tiger cub does its best to look scary for the camera.
2. The cute feline tries out another pose during the photo-shoot in Hangzhou, eastern China.
3. The cub is pictured in front of a wall of cartoon animals including a lion.
4. The cub was even photographed cuddled up to a confused-looking dog as it fed from the animal.
5. The cub is not a unique subspecies — its unusual appearance is the result of pseudo-melanism.
6. Its stripes are so close together they become barely visible — giving the appearance of one dark fur tone.
Source: The Mail Online.
Share this cub’s terrifying images with your friends below — they will thank you for it.