Born without an anus and weighing only 5 lbs, an 80-day-old baby boy from China’s Shanxi Province needs an urgent surgery to survive.
His skin turning blue, baby Guo Enze does not look the same as other children, The People’s Online reports. His grandmother has now turned to social media for help though media. She told reporters:
Please help save my grandson who is 80 days old but has never seen the sun yet.
1. Born without an anus and weighing only 5 lbs, 80-day-old baby boy Guo Enze (pictured with his unnamed grandmother) needs an urgent surgery to survive.
2. Guo Enze pictured with his grandmother.
The infant was diagnosed with an imperforate anus, which means that his anus is naturally blocked and so he is unable to excrete.
Guo’s parents are both migrant workers. His mother, 24-year-old Ren Minge, suffers from a mental illness, while his father, 27-year-old Guo Hongqing, still suffers from the consequences of a bone fracture he sustained in a work accident two years ago.
The baby’s grandparents also live with the family and both have severe illnesses as well.
The entire family is supported by Hongqing, who works in a factory and only makes the equivalent of about $325 a month.
Typically, in cases like Guo’s doctors would operate immediately, however they have not done so this time, because his family are unable to afford the medical bills.
3. The infant (pictured) was diagnosed with an imperforate anus, which means that his anus is naturally blocked and so he is unable to excrete.
4. Volunteers instruct baby Guo’s family how to care for him.
5. Guo Enze pictured with his mother.
Source: The People’s Online.
Share this story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Retweet it to your Twitter followers — they would want to read that, too.