Everyone who’s been following soccer’s ongoing premier tournament in Brazil has been treated to two separate shows: one on the football pitch itself and one off of it. And here is the thing — if you are a fan, your national team may disappoint you on the field, but you can still score a victory, of sorts, by dazzling the worldwide audience with your glamorous facepaint and dances in the stands.
I guess that may have been the case in previous World Cups too, but this year it seems as though fans have taken their own tournament much more seriously than ever before. I mean, here are some images so you can judge for yourself.
1. She enjoyed the atmosphere with a friend in Sao Paulo in the build up to the Three Lions’ crunch game.
2. Sarah Jayne Hart holds the St George’s cross proudly behind her before England’s game with Uruguay in Sao Paulo.
3. But the look of hope and dreams soon turned to devastation after Luis Suarez’s two goals led Uruguay to a win, knocking Roy Hodgson’s men out of the tournament.
4. A female fan, wearing Argentina’s colors, looks on in admiration during her side’s first fixture against Bosnia and Herzegovina.
5. A Costa Rica fan shows off her patriotic side before the South American team’s encounter with Italy — a game they won 1-0.
6. Taking pride in England’s downfall, an Italian fan cheers as their side beat Roy Hodgson’s men.
7. An Italian fan, with her shirt pulled up, claps her hands in the heat at the Pernambuco Arena in Recife.
8. An Italian fan, with her shirt pulled up, claps her hands in the heat at the Pernambuco Arena in Recife.
9. A Spanish fan blows a kiss at another spectator prior to their match against Chile at the Maracana in Rio de Janeiro.
10. A Brazilian fan has plenty to smile about during the build up to the opening match of the tournament against Croatia.
11. A fan golds up a shirt during Brazil’s second game against Mexico.
12. Three fans soak up the beautiful atmosphere inside the Estadio Castelao in Fortaleza before the home nation’s second game against Mexico.
13. Two Colombia fans soak up the pre-game excitement in sunglasses ahead of their team’s match against the Ivory Coast.
14. Come on! A supporter of Iran’s national side looks determined as she watches a big screen at Copacabana beach.
15. Two England fans console each other following their side’s defeat to Uruguay which sent them crashing out of the World Cup.
16. Two fans, with their faces painted in the colors of the Colombian flag, stand arm-in-arm ahead of their opening fixture against the Ivory Coast.
17. A body-painted Mexican fan stands clad in the colors of her country’s flag before their second game against hosts Brazil.
18. A Colombia fan, dressed in the team’s home shirt, gestures with a smile at the National Stadium in Brasilia.
19. An Italy fan is pictured before the start of their Group D match against Costa Rica, a tie which they lost 1-0.
20. A disappointed Italian fan looks on in despair as their side fall to Costa Rica.
Source: The Daily Mail.
Share these awesome fan World Cup images with your friends below — they will thank you for it.