Two Marines are under investigation for torturing a Husky puppy so brutally that he was left with broken hind legs and his mouth was bound shut with rubber bands which cut through to the bone.
Five-month-old Kane the Husky puppy was reportedly abused by the unidentified married couple, however he is currently recovering and has already found a new home.
When Kane was found by the Ranch Dog Rescue center, the puppy weighed only 11 lbs and his mouth had been tied shut for so long that his teeth had become rotten and his snout had been scarred to the bone. (Scroll down for the video.)
1. Five-month-old Kane was allegedly abused by a married Marine couple but is now getting better (photo: Facebook / Ranch Dog Rescue).
2. When he was found by California-based Ranch Dog Rescue, Kane weighed just 11 lbs (photo: Facebook / Ranch Dog Rescue).
3. Little Kane had been so badly beaten that his hind legs had been broken and required surgery (photo: Facebook / Ranch Dog Rescue).
Earlier this month, Kane underwent surgery to repair his legs at Butterfield Animal Hospital in Temecula, California.
Ranch Dog Rescue founder Maureen Keo said:
I could not have asked, or hoped, for a better prognosis.
All three veterinarians who treated Kane agree that the extent of his injuries are a clear sign of neglect and the result of severe abuse.
Now, Kane finally has a voice but best of all, he has found a home.
In six weeks or so, when the beautiful baby boy has recovered from surgery, Kane will join a loving family experienced with special needs pets.
4. Members of Kane’s new family include other dogs for the Husky to play with (photo: Facebook / Ranch Dog Rescue).
5. When Kane recovers from his surgery, he will go to live with his new family, which has experience with special-needs pets (photo: Facebook / Ranch Dog Rescue).
6. Kane cuddles up to a member of his new family after undergoing surgery on his legs at Butterfield Animal Hospital in Temecula (photo: Facebook / Ranch Dog Rescue).
Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton has issued a statement about the incident, which read:
Two Camp Pendleton Marines, a husband and wife, are under investigation by the military police aboard Camp Pendleton and their unit for allegations of animal abuse.
Their command is focusing their attention on the matter and after investigation will come up with a determination on what action will be handed down.
Once the investigation has wrapped up, Camp Pendleton PIO will let us know the action that was taken toward the couple.
7. Kane the Husky puppy is back on his feet after the surgery.
8. A malnourished Husky is found with shattered legs and a bound snout — a FOX 5 San Diego report.
Share this story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Please retweet it to your Twitter followers — they would want to read that, too.