Posing for “shamed” photos amid the devastation they wrought, these dogs are hoping against hope that their best puppy-dog eyes can save the day once more.
Whether they’ve chewed up through one inedible thing too many, bestowed their love on yet another inappropriate object, or done some dirty and smelly business where they should not have, these dogs have been made to pay for it. They have all been forced the pose for pictures next to an explanation note of their wrongdoing.
Now, animal behaviorists will tell us that it is doubtful that dogs can feel anything resembling shame, or feel sorry for anything they’ve done, but these pictures seem to show at least some remorse.
Of course, they could just as easily serve to show off some canine cunning in action and convince us just how easily a human can be duped into believing what he or she wants about their dog.
1. A ruined $3 is the least of this owner’s troubles after this dog went rooting through her handbag — and discovered make-up.
2. This pet struggles to even cobble together an ashamed face — looking more proud than anything else of his sparkly accomplishment.
3. This unwittingly blasphemous pet impressed no one with his choice of chew toy.
4. This dog managed to hold up his proud demeanor despite an unfortunate experience with powder sugar.
5. This dog was caught trying to spread his affections a little too widely.
6. This dog may not be getting invited to his owner’s friend’s house next year.
7. This pet forwent his title of Man’s Best Friend after an unfortunate mistake.
8. This resourceful dog wouldn’t be cowed into calorie-counting.
9. This dog’s problem is a difficult one to ignore.
10. This doggy’s misdemeanor is among the most expensive documented by the Dog Shaming website.
How exactly did this Great Dane think he could fit into this tiny bed (related)?
Pixel the French Bulldog doing his best to dislodge a feline friend from his rightful napping place (related).
Share these canine’s shamed images with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Please retweet it to your Twitter followers — they would want to see that, too.