A dog found infested with fleas and covered in cockroach nests has undergone a remarkable transformed after he was found abandoned outside an animal rescue center.
Tiny Sury the Shih Tzu looked like a ball of dirty matted fur when she was dumped at the Jasper County Animal Rescue League in Newton, Iowa.
But just a week later, and following five hours of grooming, Sury — short for survivor — is now ready to be adopted by a loving family. (Scroll down for the video.)
1. Sury was covered in matted fur when she was dumped outside Jasper County Animal Rescue League.
2. The Shih Tzu was covered in cockroach nests and was left inside a filthy cage filled with moldy food.
3. A week later, and after five hours of grooming, Sury is ready to be adopted by a loving family.
When she was found outside the shelter in a filthy cage littered with dog food leftovers, Sury was terrified and had eye and ear infections.
Speaking to KCCI News, Savannah Cook from Jasper County Animal Rescue League explained:
We couldn’t tell where her ears started and where her head was.
Anger was the word I would use when I saw her condition. I couldn’t believe someone could do this to an animal.
Having survived her traumatic experience, Sury is now looking for a new loving home. The shelter said it would start sifting through adoption applications on Wednesday.
4. Sury — short for survivor — looks like a different dog after she was taken in by Jasper County Animal Rescue League.
5. Abandoned dog found with fleas, cockroach nests in matted fur — a KCCI report.
Source: KCCI News.
Share this story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Please retweet it to your Twitter followers — they would want to read that, too.