Kevin Cotter not only managed to get over the stress and heartbreak caused when his wife of twelve years walked out on him, but he also turned a nice little profit out of the experience. And he achieved the feat by publishing a book in which he documented all the clever ways he found to use his ex-wife’s wedding dress.
Mr. Cotter’s idea was born when, on walking out on him, his ex-wife took all her possessions except her white silk wedding gown. Asked to take her dress back, the unnamed woman refused and told Kevin to “do what the f*** he liked with it”. He did just that and for the past four years Kevin has come up with all kinds of brilliant ideas.
Among the best images feature a hammock, a superhero’s cape and even a boat sail, not to mention Darth Vader’s mask. And all of these have been documented on Kevin’s blog. The Tuscon, Arizona, man explained how the whole thing started:
The idea came up when I was having dinner with my parents, brother, and sister-in-law a little while after my ex moved out. At dinner I explained to my family that she left the dress and asked them what I thought was a serious question — what do I do with it? My brother suggested I wipe my ass with it and my sister-in-law said there were probably 101 uses so we immediately took out a pen and paper and started brainstorming ideas.
With the help of his brother, Kevin turned his ex-wife’s gown into a dog toy, skipping rope and a footrest. Once he came up with more than 40 ideas, including using the gown as a pasta strainer and even a coffee filter, Kevin put them all together in a book.
1. Jilted husband Kevin Cotter published book of 101 ingenious ways to use his ex-wife’s wedding dress after she walked out on him after 12 years of marriage. Here the dress is being used as a cape.
2. The dress being used as a Snow Shooting camouflage. Kevin, 41, was initially crushed when his wife walked out in 2009, taking all her possessions except the white silk gown — but then he started using is pain for gain.
3. Kevin, who lives in Tuscon, Arizona, is shown here using his ex-wife’s wedding dress as a dog lead.
4. The wedding dress being used as a parasol. When Kevin asked his ex-wife if she wanted the dress, she told him to “do what the f*** he liked” with it — so he did.
You might not be surprised to learn that Kevin’s literary feats have not amused his ex-wife, who has said that she hopes he seeks counseling to help him cope with his anger and resentment. But Kevin said she has it all wrong:
My wife hates it and thinks I am motivated by revenge — which isn’t the case at all. This honestly doesn’t have anything to do with her. I did it for myself because I thought it would be fun and wanted to answer the question — what can be done with a once worn wedding dress?
Kevin married again in 2010 and now lives with his new wife Ashley and their “blended family” of five children. And no, the ex’s wedding dress was not re-used in Kevin’s latest wedding.
5. Here the dress is being used as a zombie bride costume — just one of the ingenious uses Kevin came up with.
6. The dress being used as a hairdressing cloth.
7. The dress decorating the Christmas tree stand.
8. The dress being used as a dog pouch. Kevin cleverly collated all his ideas in a book, published in 2010.
9. The wedding dress being used as a sledge. Kevin says his project was in no way motivated by revenge.
10. The dress being used as a golf club cleaner. Kevin’s friends and family helped him brainstorm ideas of how he could use his ex-wife’s wedding dress now she no longer wanted the white silk gown.
11. The dress being used as a mechanic cloth — just one of the many uses Kevin came up with as he set about turning his ex’s dress from a painful memory into a new beginning.
12. The dress being used as a toilet roll. Unsurprisingly, Kevin’s exploits have not pleased his ex-wife, who has even said she hopes he seeks counseling to deal with his anger and resentment.
13. The wedding dress being used as a canvas. Kevin re-married in 2010, to Ashley Nowe, 28, and he now lives with her and their ‘blended family’ of five children.
14. The dress being used as a boot cleaner. Kevin has spent the last four years answering the question — what can be done with a once worn wedding dress?
15. The dress being used as a hat. Kevin says he has thoroughly enjoyed finding scores of uses for the dress.
And here are a couple of the most popular videos of Kevin’s exploits:
Source: My Ex-Wife’s Wedding Dress.
Share this guy’s inventive use of his ex-wife’s wedding dress with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below.