Imgur user allofthekittens shares with us a hugely inspirational story, which has been generating quite a buzz. So, when Ken from the Philippines was 8 years old, he decided to create a no-kill dog shelter to help protect the animals he loves. It was a great idea, but when the boy shared it with his dad, he told him it could not be done. He said:
It would take a lot of money and 20 years for me to get an animal shelter.
But Ken refused to give up so easily on his dream and went to work. His mission was really quite simple:
The official at the pound said most dogs are put down because only 20-30% of owners claim their dogs, and no animal welfare organization is doing something about it. I want to save as many of those dogs as I can from being killed for no reason.
At the end, with a lot of help from donors online, it took the boy only a year to complete the project. You, too, can donate to Ken’s animal shelter on the Happy Animals Club’s page here. Great job, Ken!
1. Meet Blackie, Brownie, White and Ken.
2. It took Ken just a year to build the shelter.
3. Ken said: “We got enough money to get the dogs I was feeding off the street, feed them high quality canned food, and provide them with vet”.
4. Happy Animals Club!
5. Ken and his charges.
6. Ken and his grateful friends.
7. Ken plans to put the pups up for adoption soon.
Share Ken’s incredibly inspirational work with your friends below — some of them will want to donate to the boy’s shelter.