Security guards had to rescue a dog family who got stranded on a 590ft-high glass scenic bridge in China. Once on the bridge, the dogs were terrified by the sight underneath and refused to move.
The dogs, which included several puppies, had followed tourists onto the suspension bridge at the famous Shiniuzhai Scenic Spot. But once they reached the part of the bridge where the floor is covered with glass panels, they got startled and confused. Security guard Xiong Yin, 35, described what took place:
Some of the dogs did not seem to mind but the rest refused to step on the glass. There was a risk that the dogs that were all very small might fall, and so we decided to remove them. They were very popular with tourists that had been posing for pictures with them. But it was dangerous.
The guard added that dogs and other animals usually avoided the bridge, but he thought that these dogs had followed a small group of tourists that had been giving them food.
The Shiniuzhai footbridge is one of the most famous sights in China’s Hunan province. At close to a thousand feet in length and 590-feet-high, it is one of the world’s tallest.
1. Security guards in China had to rescue dogs who became stranded on a 590-foot-high glass bridge.
2. At close to a thousand feet in length and 590-feet-high, it is one of the world’s tallest.
3. The animals followed tourists onto the bridge at the famous Shiniuzhai Scenic Spot.
4. A guard said: “Some of the dogs did not seem to mind but the rest refused to step on the glass”.
5. The group, including several puppies, became spooked when crossing part of the bridge that has a glass panel covering the floor.
Source: The Daily Mail.
Share these puppies’ rescue with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below.