I suspect that most of you have seen plenty of photos from the fabled Greek island of Santorini. Yet, you will still be enchanted by the images that follow — these are unimaginably beautiful.
These are images of the luxurious Canaves Oia Suites in Santorini, which is set in the side of a mountain and into caves that were built to produce and store wine 400 years ago. It is based on the “Island Of Love” in the charming town of Oia and has 24 suites.
The family-run hotel mixes contemporary style with traditional Greek architecture. It features the famed Santorini white-washed design and offers truly breathtaking (there is no other adjective that can do justice here) panorama of the island’s caldera and the crystal-clear Aegean Sea far down below.
The location is as idyllic as can be found — it is so perfect, it looks as though it’s been Photoshopped. The current manager of the five-star hotel said that his parents started the business in 1985. He told MailOnline Travel:
They started with four suites, four canaves — cave houses that they used to make wine in the old days.
They took these caves and modernized them into luxurious suites.
Most of the caves are 300 or 400 years old — made out of volcanic eruptions and geological errors!
I only wish such could happen more often… The manager added:
It’s a nice combination between modern and old days.
Rooms have been reconstructed to modern accommodation of highest standards.
The hotel now offers 19 suites with brand new Jacuzzis and plunge pools overlooking the amazing caldera and the volcano.
Amazing photos, enjoy! (Scroll down for the videos.)
1. Inside the L-shaped pool in the honeymoon suite at Canaves Oia Suites in Santorini.
2. The white-washed resort boasts stunning views over the Aegean Sea.
3. An infinity pool inside one of the luxury suites at the resort — with views over the Aegean Sea.
4. An infinity pool in one of the luxury suites at the resort which underwent a refurb.
5. Breathtaking panorama of the caldera and crystal-clear Aegean Sea.
6. Inside one of the caves which was used to make and store wine some 400 years ago.
7. The pool bar area at the five-star hotel where guests can cool down after a morning soaking up rays.
8. The modern-looking Canaves Oia Suites were wine was produced in the 17th century.
9. Situated in a cliff-face in Oia, in north-west Santorini, the resort boasts spectacular vistas.
10. Guests will be able to enjoy a mix of historic architecture coupled with modern, stylish design.
11. Guests can enjoy romantic dining on the cliff-face restaurant with views over Oia.
12. Inside one of the high-end rooms on offer at the resort in Santorini.
13. Pretty flora and fauna surround the pool set in a cliff-face in Oia, Santorini.
And here are the videos:
Share these enchanting images with your friends below — they will fall in love with this place.