A sad-looking dog who’s been waiting in vain at a hospital for her beloved owner to return has melted the hearts of many in his native Russia and beyond. Unfortunately, however, her owner has long since passed away.
Masha the dog has been showing up at the Siberian hospital looking for her master to reappear every day since he passed away last year. She has turned into a much loved fixture at the Novosibirsk District Hospital Number One, where patients and hospital staff alike make sure she has a warm bed and food to eat. Staff are hoping that someone will take pity on her and give her a loving new home. Chief doctor Vladimir Bespalov told The Siberian Times:
You see her eyes, how sad they are – it’s not the usual shiny eyes for when a dog is happy. You can see this in animals in the same way as with people. There is nothing medicine can do for her here, but we are still hoping that Masha will be able to find another owner. One day, and we very much want this day to come soon, our Masha will trust somebody.
Masha has been coming into the hospital’s reception area every day since her owner was taken in about two years ago. Sadly, while the man was being treated, Masha was his only visitor. At night she would return to their home to guard it against, but then would return to the hospital again in the morning.
Nurse Alla Vorontsova told The Siberian Times that a family tried to adopt Masha. However, when they took her to their home on a Friday evening, Masha was back at the hospital by 3am on the following day.
1. Masha waits in vain for her beloved owner who has long since passed away in Siberia.
2. Masha has been turning up looking for her master since he passed away at the Siberian hospital last year.
3. The dog turned up at the hospital two years ago with her sick owner; she was his only visitor and at night returned to their home to guard it, before returning to the hospital in the morning.
4. A granite fountain and a statue were commissioned by a countess and erected a year later in honour of Greyfriars Bobby, who visited his owner’s grave every day for 14 years.
5. The dog’s story became a Walt Disney movie in 1961; the dog who played Greyfriars Bobby in the film is pictured above with the filmmaker.
6. A family tried to adopt Masha. However, when they took her to their home on a Friday evening, Masha was back at the hospital by 3am on the following day.
Source: The Siberian Times.
Share this dog’s incredible show of loyalty with your friends and give us your thoughts in the comments below.