Foo Fighters’ front man Dave Grohl broke his leg after falling off the stage during a concert in Gothenburg, Sweden, but kept right on rocking.
The 46-year-old former Nirvana drummer did his best to keep the show alive for his fans after the painful accident and finished the gig, once he had his leg bandaged.
Foo Fighters were performing their second song of the concert, Monkey Wrench, when Grohl fell off the stage at their concert in Gothenburg. (Scroll down for the video.)
1. Dave Grohl broke his leg during a performance in Sweden on Friday.
While Grohl waited for the doctors, he told the audience:
Hey, ladies and gentlemen, I love you too motherf******. Now look, I think I just broke my leg. I think I really broke a leg.
So look, you have my promise, right now, that the Foo Fighters, we’re gonna come back and finish the show.
Ladies and gentlemen, right now I’m gonna go to the hospital. I’m gonna fix my leg.
2. Grohl broke his leg after falling off the stage during a concert in Gothenburg, Sweden, but kept right on rocking.
3. Medics were called to help him with his injury.
As his fans clapped and whistled, Grohl added:
But then I am going to come back, and we are gonna play for you again. I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry. We are gonna do it.
Turning to drummer Taylor Hawkins, Grohl asked him to carry on saying:
You gotta do it.
4. As the audience cheered he said: “I’m going to fix my leg, but then I’m going to come back, and we’re gonna play for you again.”
5. The Foo Fighters front man said: “So look, you have my promise.”
As the fans kept cheering, Grohl said:
I’m going to fix my leg, but then I’m going to come back, and we’re gonna play for you again. I’m so sorry.
The singer was eventually taken off stage where doctors attended to his injuries.
While Grohl was getting treatment, the rest of the band kept playing, with drummer Taylor Hawkins doing the singing.
Once he got his leg bandaged, Grohl returned on stage and finished the entire concert sitting in a chair. He told the audience:
I may not be able to walk or run but I can still play guitar and scream.
6. When he returned bandaged and ready to go, he finished his set.
7. The singer hobbled back on after being seen by medics to finish his performance.
8. The moment Dave Grohl realizes his leg is broken on stage.
Share this story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Please retweet it to your Twitter followers — they would want to read that, too.