A group of workers at a construction site in the Turkish province of Bursa were horrified to find a puppy with its ears cut off. A vet was promptly called in and the puppy was taken in for surgery. She is now recovering and busy making new friends. Surgeon Ay┼ƒe Yaz─▒c─▒ explained following the operation:
Her ears were cut from their base. But we have successfully conducted a plasticesthetic surgery. Our puppy, which we have named ‘Can,’ will be able to regain her health soon… Unfortunately, there are people still doing it despite all the warnings and sanctions. This is just inhumane.
When the workers found her, Can was bleeding from the head. Following the surgery, the puppy is wearing a special protective collar, but the extent of her injuries is plainly evident from the large scars on her head.
In the video footage, Can is seen approaching some other dogs who are kept a cage, before she is fully introduced. She seems to be doing well in the new dog shelter, affectionately nuzzling her new friends.
Turkish animal rights activists have previously complained about the lack of legal protection for animals without owners. But M├╝rsel B├╝y├╝k├ºoban, the local veterinary department head, insists that the law does contain measures against people who cut the ears or the tails of animals. (Scroll down for the video.)
1. The maltreated dog was found with its ears cut off by workers on a construction site.
2. Before being put in with his new friends, the puppy is allowed to take in its new environment.
3. To relax her before her new meeting the puppy is given a friendly tickle by the man at the sanctuary.
4. It is hoped the dog — named Can — will come on leaps and bounds despite the horrific savagery.
5. There are still people in Turkey who continue to carry out ‘inhumane’ acts against dogs.
And here is the video:
Share this puppy’s story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below.