A man defended his home in Argentina from four armed burglars, wielding a Samurai sword against their guns.
Dias Costa, 49, hacked into the face, arms, and necks of the attackers, who fled his home in a getaway car while dripping with blood.
The burglary occurred late at night in the Cerro Norte neighborhood of Cordoba, in central Argentina. All of the attackers are currently treated in intensive care.
1. The disastrous burglary attempt took place in the Cerro Norte neighborhood of Cordoba, in central Argentina — and all of the men are currently in intensive care.
2. One of the burglars sits in the back of a police vehicle badly injured after being attacked with a Samurai sword.
Mr. Costa and his wife Christina were asleep when the burglars, armed with two hand guns, broke into their home at around 3.30 am.
Police commissioner Mariano Zarate said:
In a moment when the attackers were not paying attention, the house owner took a samurai sword and defended himself, injuring the attackers and making them run away.
In the ensuing panic, the attackers only managed to steal the equivalent of $400 and fled in a car that was parked outside.
3. A burglar whose face was slashed by the sword sits in the back of a police vehicle on his way to the hospital.
4. The man has been left with a huge scar from where surgeons stitched his face back together.
However, bleeding heavily, the driver lost control of the car and crashed into a stationary vehicle, forcing all four burglars to go to hospital for emergency treatment.
At first, the police arrested two men and one woman, but then the fourth attacker, who had managed to hide, was forced to come back to the hospital on the following day due to serious sword injuries.
The Costa family have since moved in with relatives, fearing that they might be targeted in revenge attacks.
Prosecutor Jorgelina Guties said:
We could not yet question the victim of the burglary as he is still in a state of shock.
5. In the panic, the thieves only managed to steal the equivalent of $400 and fled in a Peugeot 206 car which was parked outside.
6. Bleeding heavily, the driver lost control of the vehicle and hit a stationery car.
Share this story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Please retweet it to your Twitter followers — they would want to read that, too.