Miguel Angel Seguro, from Castro-Urdiales, Cantabria, Spain, is a lucky photographer. He just happened on a giraffe near East London in South Africa who simply couldn’t get enough pictures of himself.
For some reason, the giraffe — Abby — seemed to have become quite fond of the two-legged photographer, allowing him to get precisely the close-up shots Miguel was looking for. Here is how Mr. Seguro described the interaction between the two:
Abby walked slowly to me and blew his breath in my face, to let me know he is still here. This interaction was incredible. I put my hand on his nose for around 20 seconds and the feeling from this experience was indescribable!
The photos, too, are incredible!
1. A giraffe gets up close and personal with the camera at a game reserve in South Africa.
2. The giraffe, called Abby, seemed to have become quite fond of the 47-year-old amateur photographer, allowing him to get the close up shots he was looking for.
3. Miguel Angel Seguro captured these amazing close-up photos after making a connection with the giraffe, known as Abby, at a game resort, near East London in South Africa.
4. Another close-up.
5. Mr. Seguro said: ‘I was 100 per cent focused on Abby, but the 5m height of him and my 1.8m forced me to be constantly looking up, which is quite a challenge’.
6. Mr. Seguro, who works in the international automotive industry, said his encounter ‘was one that I will never forget in my life’.
7. Abby stoops down to eat some foliage at the game reserve in South Africa.
8. The images were captured while the giraffe slowly approached the photographer before deciding to lower its head for a closer inspection of the camera.
Via The Daily Mail.
Share these amazing giraffe close-ups with your friends below — they will love them.