“It is sort of like hitch-hiking. It’s nothing to be ashamed of.” This is how 19-year-old student Ju Peng from Shanghai characterizes her unconventional plan to fund a backpacking trip across China. In an online ad that has sparked outrage in her country, Ju offers to have sex with a different man in every city she visits in exchange for funding her travels. She explains:
They will fund my transport to their city and all my expenses while I am there and they need to be generous.
Ju’s “temporary boyfriends” must be “good looking, under 30, taller than 1.75 metres and, of course, rich”, the ad specifies. And here is what anyone who qualifies can expect to get back:
In return, they get a whole night with me, my undivided attention, and a chance to show themselves off in the company of a truly beautiful girl.
Ju’s critics have said that what she’s doing is little short of prostitution. “If she was taking cash we’d all know what to call her”, is how one Weibo user puts it.
1. Student Ju Peng, from the eastern city of Shanghai, had posted an online ad looking for ‘temporary boyfriends’.
2. Candidates must be ‘good looking, under 30, taller than 1.75 metres and, of course, rich’.
3. She says each man will fund her transport and expenses and ‘be generous’ and in return will have the ‘chance to show off in company of truly beautiful girl’.
4. Ju says she already traveled all over eastern China this way and wants to see the rest of the country but does not have enough money to fund it herself.
5. Ju adds: ‘It is sort of like hitch-hiking. It’s nothing to be ashamed of’.
Share this woman unusual travel plans with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below.