To say that Harry the four-year-old black Labrador and Patterdale Terrier mix skates like a pro would be merely stating the obvious. His bag of clever tricks is full of things like stacking cups, getting the mail and dancing when asked.
Owner Christina Farley, of Stubbington, Hampshire, England, explains that Harry’s talents were developed as an antidote to his serious barking problem when he was a puppy. Once his energy was channeled into his stunts, the problem was solved. When he is given a skateboard, Harry gets immediately to work, first jumping with all fours on the board then pushing off with his back right leg to get himself rolling. (Scroll down for the video.)
Some of Harry’s other talents are just as impressive. For instance, he can catch a ball with his front paws while standing upright on his rear legs, looking rather like a meerkat. Harry can also stack cups in order of size, in addition to picking up the mail and he dancing. Christina, who spends about four hours a week teaching Harry new tricks, explains:
When he was four months old he used to bark excessively and he needed to learn a lot of self-control. I took him to lessons at Canine Communications in Gosport and they said he was like that because he was very intelligent. At first I didn’t believe them but they proved me wrong. He just needed his mind stimulated. Now he does tricks for fun. Since he began learning tricks at eight months, Harry has won the national competition My Dog’s Got Talent at Paws in the Park in Detling, Kent.
Christina says that, while Harry’s skateboarding seems like most fun, his favorite trick is stacking cups in order of their size. He is such a clever dog… (Scroll down for the videos.)
1. Harry, a four year old Labrador and Patterdale Terrier cross from Hampshire, pushes himself on a skateboard.
2. Harry’s owner Christina Farley, 51, of Stubbington, Hampshire, says he was a problem pooch with a barking problem.
3. Now Harry channels his energy into clever stunts.
4. Harry loves to get on his skateboard and uses his back right leg to push himself along like a pro.
5. Harry’s favourite trick is to stack these colorful children’s cups in order of size.
6. Christina says she takes the cups everywhere they go so Harry can show off his skills.
7. Harry bounds about with a toy suitcase.
8. The clever dog also catches soft balls and toys with his front paws while standing like a meerkat.
And here are the videos:
Source: The Mail Online.
Share Harry’s wide repertoire of tricks with your friends and tell us what you think of his talents in the comments below.