Perched on the handlebars or his scooter, Handoko Njotokusuma’s beloved Golden Retrievers — Ace and Armani — cruise through Surabaya, Indonesia, turning heads wherever they go.
Wearing helmets and fashionable sunglasses, the canines and their owner have become local celebrities, drawing curious stares and stunned looks from unsuspecting passers-by. The canines often stop to pose for photos with onlookers.
Ace and Armani — two of Handoko’s four dogs — have been riding with him since they were just a few months old and now, aged three, they jump onto the scooter whenever they think their owner is heading out.
The 59-year-old businessman takes his two dogs for 30-minute journeys around the city as often as he can.
1. Handoko Njotokusuma has trained his pet golden retrievers to ride on his motorized scooter.
2. The dogs, Ace and Armani, ride through Surabaya, Indonesia, while perched on the handlebars or pillion.
Mr. Handoko said:
When they were four months old I taught them to sit on the front of my motorbike. And then at eight months they started to learn to sit on the back seat.
Since then, they are always interested to get onto the bike. When I start the engine they jump straight onto the chair. They seem ready to go.
Lots of people are entertained with how they act. So many people take pictures of them. Some of them stop me just to have a picture with them. Those moments make me happy every day.
It took some time for Handoko to train the dogs to ride the bike with him at the same time.
3. Ace and Armani — two of Handoko’s four dogs — have been riding since they were just a few months old.
4. Handoko and his dogs attract plenty of attention and often stop to pose for photos with onlookers.
Armani is the one who can only sit on the back but Ace can sit on both the front and the back.
I think it is because I was late to teach Armani how to sit on the motorbike. When I taught them, I taught them one by one.
After they learned how to sit I took them both at the same time.
Handoko has received multiple expensive offers for his pet dogs, but he insists that he will never sell them. He said:
For me, they are my children. I love them so much, just as much as I love my wife and my biological children.
There are some people that come to me to ask whether I can sell the dogs. They gave me a high price. But I can’t ever let them go. I love them. Till their last breath.
Until then, the three will keep enjoying their scooter rides.
5. The 59-year-old businessman takes his golden retrievers for 30-minute journeys around the city.
6. Due to their talents Handoko has turned down a number of expensive offers for his pet dogs.
Source: Barcroft TV.
Share this video with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Please retweet it to your Twitter followers — they would want to see that, too.