This barber is good, there can be no question about that. His haircuts are certainly like no others. Somehow he manages to cut out portraits of all kinds of celebrities on the backs of his clients’ heads.
The master barber’s name is Rob Ferrell and he does his art at his barbershop in San Antonio, Texas, U.S. From Nelson Mandela to Steve Jobs, Mr. Ferrell’s incredibly detailed portraits are immediately recognizable.
And no, the barber / artist uses nothing special to create his portraits — just a pair of clippers, a traditional razor and some eyeliner pencils. That’s all. Small wonder that Mr. Ferrell is known as “Rob the Original”. His repertoire is incredibly wide, featuring iconic faces as diverse as Albert Einstein, Dr. Dre and Audrey Hepburn.
The barber honed his skills on his 14-year-old brother’s head, starting in 2008. He said:
I started doing designs at the local barber shop, but when other barbers started picking up on my hair designs I wanted to try something different.
I do have to say, though, that Tony Parker’s likeness can use some improving. As a San Antonio man, Rob Ferrell might want to make this a priority. (Scroll down for the video.)
1. Master barber Rob Ferrell gives a customer a stunning Marilyn Monroe-style haircut.
2. A customer has the face of the late Apple CEO shaved into his head.
3. This boxing aficionado has had Floyd Mayweather crafted into the back of his head by Mr. Ferrell (right).
4. Mr. Ferrell stands proudly next to his Nelson Mandela design.
5. Mr. Ferrell’s hair-portrait of basketball player Tony Parker.
6. Mr. Ferrell used little more than a pair of clippers, a traditional metal razor and some eyeliner pencils to create his astonishing designs.
7. Mr. Ferrell and his Breaking Bad design featuring the character Walter White.
8. The face of Jesus stares out from this customer’s head.
9. The face of hip hop producer Dr Dre makes for a dramatic haircut.
12. Bruce Lee as seen in Enter The Dragon has been cleverly created here.
13. The face of film character Edward Scissor Hands.
And here is the video:
Source: The Daily Mail.
Share this master barber’s art with your friends below — those in San Antonio might want to get pay him a visit.