Honey badgers get a lot of respect for being plucky little beasts and after you’ve seen the photos that follow, you’ll understand why. For this one badger took on a pride of at least four young lions and fought them for half an hour.
The amazing scene took place in the Kwando Concession Park, Botswana when the 20lb badger was caught out in the open, surrounded by several lions, each one of them 15 times his size. But the little guy put up a big fight, giving his assailants a run for their money.
1. A pride of young lions circle the honey badger which, rather than running in the opposite direction, chooses to stand and confront its giant predators out in the open at the Kwando Concession Park.
Via The Daily Mail.
2. Refusing to go down quietly, the honey badger does its best to evade the grip of an attacking lion.
3. One of the lions eventually manages to clamp its jaws around the tiny frame of the honey badger. But because of its tough hide the animal continues to put up a fight.
4. The brave honey badger does its best to wriggle free from the lion’s grip in a fight lasting more than 30 minutes.
5. Honey badgers are found all over Africa and India and are known for their intelligence and ferocious attitude even to animals much bigger than them — with documented fights with lions, hyenas and even rhinos.
Share this plucky badger’s heroic stand against an overwhelming force with your friends below — they will be amazed.