When categorizing this story, I was faced with a dilemma: should I place it into the You Can’t Make This Up category or Culture. Well, you can see how I solved the issue and how couldn’t I? Could you ever have thought of such a thing?
So, the guy in the photos below is Pankaj Parakh — an Indian textile tycoon. And I guess the shirt he’s wearing is a great way of showing that he made his pile from a clothing empire. In fact, what better way can you think of than having a shirt made of pure gold?
Now, it is true that Mr. Parakh’s shirt comes with some inconveniences. For one, it weighs nine pounds, but its wearer seems perfectly unencumbered by it. It also necessitates a small army of burly bodyguards, but then would probably have those guys around him anyway, so that shouldn’t be a big deal, either.
The textile magnate commissioned the golden shirt for his upcoming 45th birthday on Friday. He bought the gold for about $215,000, give or take and thought he was getting a good deal. He says:
I wanted to wear something special when I say my thanks for my success at a thanksgiving visit to the Siddhivinayak Temple of the Hindu elephant god in Mumbai.
I never go out with less than two to three kilos of gold jewellery.
I have always been fascinated with gold since I was five-years-old and studying in school. And over the years that interest has become a real passion. So it was logical that I would want to make my 45th birthday a golden affair.
In fact even on my wedding 23 years ago a lot of people said it was embarrassing that I was wearing more gold than my bride, but I just love the Royal metal.
So, there you have it… (Scroll down for the video.)
1. An Indian textile magnate who made a fortune from his clothing empire is making sure the rest of the world knows about his success — by having a shirt made out of pure gold.
2. Although he left school without any qualifications Pankaj Parakh still managed to make a fortune after establishing a multi-million pound textile business in India.
3. Mr. Parakh’s shirt is made of nine pounds of gold.
4. Mr. Parakh commissioned the solid gold shirt for his 45th birthday.
5. Last year wealthy Datta Phuge has splashed out $23,000 on a solid gold shirt to make sure he’s a 24 karat hit with women in central India.
And here is the video:
Source: The Mail Online.
Share this one-of-a-kind story with your friends below — otherwise they will not believe you.