Having been pronounced dead, a 91-year-old woman woke up in a body bag in a Polish morgue’s cold storage room where she’d been kept for 11 hours. She complained that it was a little cold, but otherwise it was “normal” and “fine”.
Janina Kolkiewicz was declared dead by the family doctor in the eastern Polish town of Ostrow Lubelski, reported Polish newspaper Dziennik Wschodni. Dr. Wieslawa Czyz was called by Mrs. Kolkiewicz’s niece after she noticed that her aunt had stopped breathing. Dr. Czyz found no pulse and declared the old woman dead. She told TV channel TVP:
I was sure she was dead. I’m stunned, I don’t understand what happened. Her heart had stopped beating. She was no longer breathing.
Dr. Czyz proceeded to write the death certificate and the woman was sent to a mortuary while her family planned her funeral. But when the funeral home’s staff opened the morgue’s refrigerator to check on Mrs. Kolkiewicz’s body, they were shocked to find the woman moving inside her body bag. They opened it up to find Mrs. Kolkiewicz, very much alive, complaining of feeling cold.
She was promptly returned to her family and ate two pancakes and a bowl of hot soup to warm up. Police are now investigating the “resurrection” case.
1. Janina Kolkiewicz was declared dead after an examination by the family doctor in the eastern Polish town of Ostrow Lubelski.
2. But when staff at the funeral home (pictured) opened the refrigerator to check on her body, they were shocked to find it moving inside the body bag.
3. She has now returned to her family home (pictured) where she ate two pancakes and a bowl of hot soup to warm up, reported Polish newspaper Dziennik Wschodni.
4. Mrs. Kolkiewicz said she was feeling ‘normal’ and ‘fine’, though her niece said she had no idea quite how close to death she came’.
5. Her ordeal began when her niece, Bogumila Kolkiewicz (pictured), called the family doctor, Dr. Wieslawa Czyz, after noticing she was not breathing.
Source: The Daily Mail.
Share Mrs. Kolkiewicz’s “resurrection” case with your friends and tell us what you make of it in the comments below.