Three sisters in their twenties, all fighting heroin addiction, have permitted Dr. Phil’s show to film them as they went through their day getting hard drugs in the street and getting high. The depressing footage was aired yesterday (Tuesday, November 5) on the show, which also featured the women’s parents Linda and Rich who talked about their struggle to wean their daughters off a drug dependency, which has devastated their family.
Valeen — at 27, the oldest of the three sisters — was the most popular girl in school and was on her way to college. Amanda (25-year-old) was homecoming queen and wanted to become a dental hygienist, while the youngest sister Tiffany (22) was the baby of the family and a star athlete. But then all three fell under the spell of heroin and they entered a downward spiral of misery and pain. Valeen said in the video:
Once we found out that each other was using, we were, like, what the hell? We might as well all get high together.
Each day begins the same way for the sisters. “When we wake up in the morning”, Valeen says in the video, “the first thing on our minds is to get high”.
The video shows the three young women getting into a car on their way to meet up with Valeen’s drug dealer to score $140 worth of heroin. Then on their way back home to get their morning fix, Valeen cannot wait and injects takes the heroin injection into the car. (Scroll down for the video.)
1. Three sisters battling heroin addiction have allowed Dr Phil’s cameras to film them as they went about their day scoring drugs on the street and getting high.
2.The chilling footage showed the girls getting high.
3. Valeen (left), 27, was the most popular girl in school and was headed to college; Amanda (center), 25, was homecoming queen and aspired to become a dental hygienist, and Tiffany (right), 22, the baby of the family, was a star athlete.
4. Valeen, 27, the oldest of the three, is in charge of scoring drugs for the trio.
Heroin is my drug of choice. At first I was sniffing it, then it turned into shooting it, and now I need it.
Tiffany, the youngest, has just been released from jail after being arrested for a fourth time on drug charges. She was forced to start injecting heroin into her legs after all her other veins collapsed. She says:
It’s just a vicious cycle of misery.
5. The sisters before they became addicted to heroin – they now all shot up together.
6. Parent’s worst nightmare: Rich (bottom left), the sisters’ father, got to watch his girls get high in the video.
7. By 12.30pm, the three sisters lie in a heroin-induced stupor.
8. Somewhere along the way all three girls have fallen under the spell of heroin, which has become the drug of choice for the trio and the thing that binds them together.
Linda, the girls’ mother, who herself had struggled with a cocaine addiction when her daughters were younger, says:
I can’t look at my daughters ’cause I hate them. They’re disgusting. I’m embarrassed by them, I’m ashamed.
Valeen, a beautiful brunette, was the first sister to turn to prostitution, selling herself to older men, to support her own and her sisters’ drug habit. Recently, however, Amanda has also got into prostitution.
Valeen talked about how she tried to clean up her act by going to a rehab, but she could not last long. She has since lost custody of her daughter after injecting heroin in her presence. The show ended with Dr. Phil offering to send the three sisters to rehab, so long as they go to three different clinics, and then part ways indefinitely.
9. Apple didn’t fall far from the tree: Linda, the girls’ mother, used to be a cocaine addict.
10. Valeen turned to prostitution to support her and her sisters’ drug habit, and she eventually lost custody of her daughter.
11. Dr. Phil offered to send the girls to rehab, provided that they agree to go to three different clinics to avoid triggering one another.
Here is the video itself:
Source: Dr. Phil.
Share these sisters’ tragic story with your friends and give us your thoughts in the comments below.