This adorable Pitt Bull mix puppy was born and raised in conditions that are impossible to imagine. As a result, he now suffers from serious medical problems, his legs are bent and spine is curved. The good news is that he is now cared for by people who love him and are committed to helping him get back to health.
Second Chance Rescue, a non-profit, no kill animal shelter in New York City, was contacted earlier this month by a shelter in Georgia which pleaded for their help with a Pit Bull mix, who has since been named Landis. Jacquelyn O’Sullivan of Second Chance Rescue described Landis’ condition in an email to The Huffington Post:
The tendons in all 4 legs are ruptured due to his prior living conditions. He is very small and underweight. His body condition tell us that he lived in a small space, hence his dwarf-like appearance, bent legs and curved spine. We were heartbroken and horrified and knew we had to help him.
The shelter immediately sent Landis to one of their veterinarians for a check-up. The pup is scheduled to arrive in New York City on Tuesday to complete the remainder of his treatment.
O’Sullivan told The Huffington Post that the shelter is eager to help the puppy get back in shape and look forward to a life with “plenty of TLC” (tender loving care). (Scroll down for the video.)
1. Landis was transferred to Second Chance Rescue from a Georgia shelter.
2. Landis was emaciated and all four of his leg tendons were ruptured.
3. Landis’ growth is stunted and his spine is curved, most likely a symptom of being confined in a small space.
O’Sullivan wrote in an e-mail to The Huffington Post:
[Dogs] cannot take care of themselves. We see way too many neglected and abused animals. Ask for help before they end up in horrible shape. No living creature deserves to be abused or neglected.
Treat them like part of your family. Remember that dogs feel pain and experience sadness.
She added that she looks forward to seeing Landis’ transformation into a healthy dog and wrote that Second Chance Rescue has already received requests from all around the country from people eager to adopt the precious puppy. Landis, she adds, has a beautiful personality despite all his dark past.
4. Despite having a rough past, Landis has a beautiful personality.
5. The pup is scheduled to arrive in New York City on Tuesday to complete the remainder of his treatment.
6. Jacquelyn O’Sullivan of Second Chance Rescue told The Huffington Post that she looks forward to seeing Landis’ transformation into a healthy dog.
7. O’Sullivan added that Second Chance Rescue has already received requests from all around the country from people eager to adopt the precious puppy.
And here is Landis in a video:
Source: The Huffington Post.
Share this story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Please retweet it to your Twitter followers — they would want to read that, too.