When coming home from vacation, people usually bring back some trinket or a T-shirt, which is soon forgotten, as is the trip itself. But Canadian Meagan Penman brought something that will stay with her for a long time to come and will make sure she’ll never forget her trip to Thailand — a dog in need of help and care.
Meagan shared the experience in two posts on Reddit, which quickly went viral in a huge way. In the first one, from five months ago, she tells us that she “came across this paraplegic dog in Thailand” and promises that:
I’m gonna bring him back to Canada so let’s hope this wtf turns into a post.
Well, she has kept her promise and, in her follow-up post, she talks about “Leo the paraplegic dog’s journey to Canada”. And readers went absolutely wild over it.
Now here is the story of Leo the paraplegic dog and his journey to Canada.
1. I found this little guy on a beach in Thailand dragging his paralyzed body around.
2. He was in horrible condition, he would have been dead within the month if I hadn’t moved him. I couldn’t find any rescues in Thailand to take him so I decided to bring him back to Canada.
3. The day I removed him from the beach, waiting outside the vets office.
4. Two months later and ready to leave!
5. Heading to Canada!
6. Reunited after 2 months.
7. Finally time to relax and catch up on some well needed sleep.
8. Hanging outside, getting used to the cold.
9. At his foster mom’s house.
10. Leo is finally able to walk again with the help of a wheelchair. He loves it!
Share this woman amazing act of kindness with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below.