Always looking down in the dumps, Luhu is very probably the world’s saddest cat, even as her owner, Maggie Liu, constantly tries to cheer her up.
Images show the gloomy pussycat lounging around her house and looking utterly dejected with her downturned mouth and sad eyes.
And though nothing can lift up Luhu’s spirits, her pictures have been melting hearts across China and now the world. The world’s saddest cat’s Instagram following has already swelled to more than 200,000 followers. (Scroll down for video.)
1. A dejected looking Luhu (pictured) is so sad she won’t even use her scratching post.
2. With her mournful eyes, Luhu may just lay claim to being the world’s saddest cat.
3. Pictures show the morose pussycat lounging around the house and looking thoroughly dejected.
4. Nothing seems capable of cheering Luhu up and she constantly looks down in the dumps.
5. The forlorn feline’s sad little face has become a huge hit on the internet in China where she lives.
6. Pictures show the dejected pussycat lounging around the house and looking unspeakably sad with pleading, innocent eyes.
7. Pictures of the morose pet, including this one of her looking miserable, have melted hearts across China.
8. Her glum face is reminiscent of the pitifully sad image of Puss in Boots in the children’s classic Shrek 2 as he clasps his tiny black hat in his front paws.
9. Her Instagram account already has more than 200,000 followers.
10. A watery-eyed Luhu looks thoroughly depressed about life in another of the pictures that have made her a star online in China.
11. Sad cat Luhu racks up Instagram followers with cute videos.
Share this story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Retweet it to your Twitter followers — they would want to read that, too.