Jeff Dabe’s enormous forearms measure 19 inches in circumference and his hands are big enough to fit a basketball in each one of them.
Having earned himself the nickname Popeye, Dabe, from Stacy, Minnesota, has been traveling America, competing to become the world champion.
Medical tests have been performed to find what makes Dabe’s arms so huge, as family pictures reveal that he was born with over-sized limbs. (Scroll down for the video.
1. Jeff Dabe’s monster forearms measure 19 inches in circumference, earning him the nickname Popeye.
2. Dabe, from Stacy, Minnesota, has been competing in arm wrestling tournaments since the 1980s, with his giant hands giving him a natural advantage.
However, having examined Dabe for signs of gigantism and elephantiasis, University of Minnesota experts found no signs of disease or abnormalities.
He has been competing in arm wrestling tournaments since the 1980s, with his enormous hands giving him a natural advantage.
After a promising start, however, Jeff, who is now 52, broke his right arm during a tournament in 1986, causing him to stop competing.
3. Having made a promising start in the sport, Dabe, 52, broke his right arm during a contest in 1986, causing him to stop competing.
4. Dabe is now training and hopes to become the champion in the World Arm Wrestling League.
5. It wasn’t until 2012, when Minnesota arm wrestling champ Josh Handelland came to town, that Jeff decided to start competing seriously again — this time using his left arm.
It was only in 2012, when Minnesota arm wrestling champion Josh Handelland came to Stacy, that Dabe decided to start competing seriously again, this time with his left arm.
He went on to become the State Champion and was invited to compete on the World Arm Wrestling League (WAL) circuit.
At first, Dabe was not focus exclusively on his arm wrestling-based training and would build up his strength by chopping wood, shoveling and working with heavy machinery.
Recently, however, Dabe began taking arm wrestling more seriously and has started lifting weights.
6. Dabe would build up strength carrying out farm chores such as chopping wood, shoveling and working with heavy machinery.
7. The crowd love to see Dabe arm wrestle and his family are extremely proud of him.
Thanks to the World Arm Wrestling League I am now competing with people from all over America.
It’s so fun to travel to places we wouldn’t normally go.
I was always good at arm wrestling, but the size of my hands did shock people at first — I had the strength to back it up.
People freak out when they see my hands in real life.
8. Real-life Popeye has giant arms.
Share this story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Retweet it to your Twitter followers — they would want to read that, too.