An 18-year-old Michigan girl claims to have the longest tongue in the world, measuring a whopping four inches.
Adrianne Lewis says her incredible tongue gives her the unique ability to lick her nose, chin and elbow but also, amazingly, her eyes.
The teen’s record-breaking appendage has earned her global recognition after a picture of it went viral online. (Scroll down for the video.)
1. At an incredible four-inches long, Adrianne’s tongue is gaining global recognition.
Adrianne is currently waiting on Guinness World Records to tell her if she has broken the current record of Nick Stoeberl, whose tongue stretches just 3.9 inches. She said:
I feel as though I may have inherited it but I think with time and me sticking out my tongue a lot as a kid could have stretched it.
My mom, grandmother and my great grandfather all had very long tongues.
In elementary school I was made fun of a lot — I would just flick my tongue in bullies’ faces and freak them out.
2. The 18-year-old from Michigan uses her YouTube channel to show off the tricks she can perform.
Adrianne, who is from from Twin Lake, Michigan, always knew that she had a long tongue and decided to apply to Ripley’s Believe It Or Not when she was 13 years old. She said:
I didn’t think anything would happen because I had sent in things to Guinness and was rejected three times.
A few days later I got an email saying, “your tongue is really cool, we’d like to see more”.
They said they’d like to feature me and I love Ripley’s so it was exciting to be in the books.
3. The shocking appendage can not only easily reach her nose, it can also touch her eye with a little assistance.
4. Adrianne decided to submit herself to Ripley’s Believe It Or Not franchise when she was just 13 years old.
Two years ago, Adrianne created her own YouTube channel to show off all the things she can do. She said:
People started viewing after I made my first video, and I already had 250 views the first day.
Someone also posted my picture on I-Funny and I had a friend from Colorado text me and tell me he saw me on the site.
The next week I had a friend from Africa send me a message also, so it’s not just in my town, it’s people all over the world who have seen me.
5. The tongue is even more incredible when viewed in profile and Adrianne receives a lot of positive feedback online, although she also has to put up with a lot of trolling.
6. Adrianne and her boyfriend Tim, enjoying ice cream at a local shop in Twin Lake. Tim says he just appreciates the person that the tongue is attached to.
Of course, along with all the positive feedback she gets online, Adrianne also receives quite a few inappropriate comments. She said:
I delete a lot of the bad comments and try to keep it as clean as possible.
People have accused me of editing my videos and have said that my tongue’s not real.
Her boyfriend, Tim Hegedus, 19, is also bothered by the abusive comments. He said:
There’s a lot of weird people on the internet and I’ve seen some comments that are a little uncomfortable.
If I could fight the internet, I would — but there’s not much I can do.
Just appreciate the person that’s attached to the tongue, that’s all I have to say.
7. World’s longest? Adrianne’s tongue measures four inches.
Share this story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Please retweet it to your Twitter — they would want to read that, too.