It is a struggle most new mothers will find all too familiar — trying to get stuff done with a baby running around.
However simple the task may seem — like doing the laundry or sweeping the kitchen floor — everything seems to take longer or is all bu impossible with a toddler doing her thing around us.
Story of This Life‘s blogger Esther Anderson has explained “Why Moms Get Nothing Done” in her latest video to go viral in a huge way — it has been viewed more than 60 million times of Facebook so far. As she writes on her blog:
The video… shows why moms feel like they’re working backwards all day when there’s a toddler in the house.
The video shows Esther trying to fold away daughter Ellia’s clothes and put them away in drawers, only for the toddler to pull out the clothes faster than her mother can put them away.
Ellia then sabotages her mom’s efforts to sweep the kitchen floor by spreading the dirt all around again before Esther has a chance to sweep it up in a dustpan.
1. Blogger Esther Anderson, pictured left, has highlighted ‘Why Mums Get Nothing Done’ in her latest video, filmed with her daughter Ellia, right, who takes delight in stopping her from doing her chores.
2. The video shows Ellia pulling clothes out of the drawers faster than her mother can put them away.
3. The little girl then climbs into the drawer so she can reach the others to empty them.
4. Sweeping the floor isn’t a simple task for Esther as the video filmed in the Texas home shows.
5. Ellia spreads the dirt around the floor again before her mother can sweep it up.
6. The little girl also rolls in the dirt for good measure in the video that has had 60 million views on Facebook.
7. The little girl empties the washing machine before her mother can fill it up.
8. She also pushes the door closed before it’s full to further hinder her mother’s attempts to do the housework.
9. Filling the dishwater is no simple task either as Ellia find it fun to through the plastic plates out.
10. Esther said the many shares her video has had shows it’s not just her who has trouble getting anything done thanks to having a toddler around as Ellia is here pictured closing the dishwasher before Esther has filled it.
11. Esther is pictured wasting her time tidying up toys as Ellia just empties more on to the rug.
12. No wonder Esther spends so much of the day washing her daughter and changing her clothes.
13. Many parents have agreed that Esther’s video is an accurate reflection of motherhood.
14. At the end of the video, Ester, who lives with husband Thad, despairs of cleaning the windows.
15. Ellia finds it more fun to smear her fingers and face on the windows while her mother attempts to clean.
Share this story with your friends and your thoughts in the comments below. Please retweet it to your Twitter followers — they would want to see that, too.