A week ago I presented to you the top competitors in this year’s edition of the annual World’s Ugliest Dog contest, held in Sonoma-Marin Fair, California, since 1998.
Well, the winner was decided yesterday (Friday), earning its proud owner a $1,500 prize. His name is Peanut, he is 2-year-old, and he presented the jury with a rather incongruous mixture of wild white and brown hair, huge bulging eyes and awe-inspiring protruding teeth, all of which was accompanied by a suitably energetic personality.
Evidently, such a display was sufficient to convince the jury of Peanut’s superiority over his richly endowed rivals. And, by the way, as the photos below will make clear, the competition was truly fierce.
Without further ado, here is the amazing photos of the winner and the runners-up. (Scroll down for the videos.)
1. Peanut, a two-year-old mutt poses in front of the winning trophies, after winning the World’s Ugliest Dog Contest on Friday.
2. Peanut is held by Holly Chandler after winning the contest.
3. Mutt Peanut won the title of World’s Ugliest Dog.
4. SweePee Rambo, a Chihuahua/Chinese Crested mix, is held by the owner on Friday.
5. SweePee Rambo is ready for a close-up.
6. Icky, a Chinese Crested looks over the shoulder of Jon Adler, his owner before Friday’s contest.
7. Icky and owner Jon Adler wear the same haircut as they go in for a kiss.
8. Grovie is seen resting.
9. This dog is showing his canines!
10. This pup was also seen at the competition.
11. Owners are seen with their two ‘ugly dogs’.
12. This dog is seen in a bandanna.
13. This dog doesn’t look too happy to be at the contest.
14. This dog wore a beaded necklace for the special occasion.
15. A judge is seen evaluating a dog during the competition.
16. One girl looked all smiles while holding a dog during the event.
17. This dog was seen being carried on its owner’s shoulder.
And here is the video of the winner:
Via The Daily Mail.
Share these beautiful (in their ways) dogs with your friends below and watch them fall in love with them.