Here is another story of gratuitous human cruelty toward animals. Luckily, this one has a happy ending and I am glad for it. The thing that bothers me, though, is that for every such story with a happy ending, there are probably several which end tragically. I can only hope to be wrong on this one.
So, what we know here is that a dog was tied up and put into a bag and then dumped into a trash bin somewhere in Messina, on the island of Sicily, southern Italy. Luckily for the unfortunate animal, two women — Emilia Lucchese and Enrica Bianchi — walked right passed the dog and heard its terrified cries.
The friends lifted the lid of the bin and were shocked to find the brown dog placed inside it in a black plastic bag with its legs bound with a wire. The women lifted the dog out of the bin and quickly realized that it was severely dehydrated and so weak that it could barely move. Fortunately, once the dog drank some water and was taken to the vets, it made a full recovery and was adopted by its rescuers.
Ms. Lucchese, who named the dog Oliviero, had this to say about the incident:
I thought maybe the dog had got trapped inside after looking for scraps or something, and somebody had shut the lid. But when I opened it I realized there was something moving in a plastic bin liner and that it must have been the animal.
When we pulled it out, we were shocked to see the terrified dog had its legs tied up with wire in an apparent bid to stop it escaping.
It was in shock and really thirsty so I assume it had been there for a while, it started to come round only after we poured water from a bottle into its mouth.
The police are now investigating the incident and are looking for the dog’s previous owners. I hope they are found and suffer the consequences.
1. This dog was tied up, put in a rubbish bag and dumped in a bin in Messina in Sicily, southern Italy.
2. Emilia Lucchese and her friend Enrica Bianchi were walking through the streets of Messina in Sicily, southern Italy, when they noticed the animal’s whimpers. Above, the dog was found in a ‘terrified’ state.
3. The women opened the lid of the bin and were shocked to discover the brown dog lying inside it in a black plastic bag. Above, one of the women feeds the animal water from a bottle as it was severely dehydrated.
4. The dog was found the city of Messina (pictured), which is the third largest city on the island of Sicily.
5. The animal (pictured just seconds after it was found) had its legs bound tightly with wire and was so weak it could barely lift its head. But it has since made a full recovery — and has been adopted by its rescuers.
Source: The Daily Mail.
Share this happily ended story with your friends below — they would want to see it.