An appointment with the vet is not a dog’s favorite way to spend his or her time, and that is putting it mildly. In fact, most dogs would do just about anything to get away from it. But the ones pictured below are in a category of their own. Oh, boy…
These poor creatures are simply terror-stricken beyond recognition and I can’t help but feel sorry for them.
You are about to see grown dogs moan and grown and probably even cry at the prospect (some of them have burrowed their heads under a carpet or a towel, so we can’t see). One big dog is captured clinging to his owner at the reception desk while another has hidden himself underneath a giraffe plush toy.
The images provoked comparisons to humanity’s universal fear of the dentist’s drill when they were first gathered on the image-sharing website Pulptastic.
Now, the reality is that we don’t know whether they are as scared as they look, but if they aren’t, these dogs have done a marvelous job at making us feel sorry for them all the same. Yet, it still won’t be enough to escape the dreaded appointment… (Scroll down for the video.)
1. These images sparked hilarity online after pet owners snapped their terrified animals preparing for visits to the vet.
2. Some were in full-on hugs with their owners by the reception desk.
3. But their puppy eyes wouldn’t get them out of trouble.
4. This pet’s owner must have wondered where the car was heading. Internet users pointed out similarities to the dentist.
5. ‘No one will find me here, it’s too dark’, this dog must have thought with glee. How very wrong he was.
6. One pet tries to blend in under the orange colours of a fluffy giraffe.
7. Another chooses the direct approach.
8. Why are you doing this to me? That self-pitying look is almost enough to make you never want to take your pets to the vet again.
9. Some pets in the waiting room were totally concealed beneath their owners. The vet’s bark is probably worse than its bite.
10. Don’t do this to me!
11. Every pet owner knows that pitiful plea — but should they listen to their canine friends or take a hard line instead?
12. One pet saves face inside an item of furniture. Were they all scared of the vet, or thinking of another unknown menace?
13. One dog gives a pleading look at the camera in this photo, one of dozens shared by owners on the internet.
14. It’s always less scary in retrospect, but it doesn’t help when the rest of the family makes fun of your fear.
And here is one terrified dog’s reaction to the looming vet visit caught on video:
Share these dogs’ terror with your friends — they will want to see that — and your own stories in the comments below.