When I say a “wacky wedding”, I do mean just that. You know, a bulldog wearing a top hat for a best man, a customized horse-drawn carriage, ship-shaped cakes, champagne-filled swimming pools, you get the picture. Even having a romantic full moon perched over the party can be arranged.
How can such feats be achieved, you ask? Well, this is where Don Antonio Polese comes into the picture. In his native Italy, he is famous for throwing the most extravagant wedding parties in a country where people do know how to party.
Needless to say, Don Antonio enjoys his work and loves weddings — he wouldn’t be much good at his work otherwise. As he puts it:
Our work is nice because we are involved in one of the happiest days of people’s lives.
One groom said to me once: “I want to live the fairy tale, I want to live my story” and we do live their stories. This is a beautiful thing, no?
But what about the full moon? I mean, how do you arrange that? Well, here is Don Antonio explaining:
We were doing a ceremony by the pool and there was no moon that night but he bride said she wanted one.
So we had to provide the bride and groom with a moon, which we did by contacting a hot air balloon company and hiring a balloon, which we then used to light up the pool.
We put it between the Sonrisa’s two towers and roped it in place. The bride and groom were very pleased.
Mission accomplished! Don Antonio explains how he sees his job:
We always try to please everyone. We’ve had a lot of strange requests but we never say no to anything.
This is so much fun! (Scroll down for the video.)
1. Don Antonio Polese is the man behind some of Italy’s most extravagant weddings.
2. Newlyweds enjoy their first official kiss as they release a box of doves supplied by Don Antonio.
3. Unusual requests have included a champagne swimming pool and a bulldog best man (pictured).
4. Don Antonio, or ‘The Boss’ as he’s known, with his right hand men outside La Sonrisa.
5. A bride arrives for her wedding in a personalized carriage to be welcomed by a ballerina.
6. Don Antonio outside his lavish Naples hotel and popular wedding venue, La Sonrisa.
7. Don Antonio keeps an eye on proceedings in La Sonrisa’s extravagantly decorated ballroom.
And here is the video:
Source: The Daily Mail.
Share this man’s incredible wedding skills with your friends below — some of them might even need him some day.